Månadsvis arkiv: juli 2017
We do all of these things to make sure we live long healthy lives. But the biggest organ, our skin, is often neglected, dehydrated, sun damaged and suffocated by the products we put on our skin.
The first ingredient listed in skin care products is the largest percent of what that product is made of. What is the first ingredient in your skin care products? Mineral oil, petrolatum or lanolin oils are commonly used in skin care products. These ingredients are considered “skin suicide” because over a period of time they can actually dehydrated the skin. They also speed up the aging process because it causes toxic to build up in the skin. Think about that? You would not want to accelerate the aging process. We age enough with stress.
What about the “drying” alcohols and the harsh chemicals? SD alcohol 40 is a drying alcohol that cause the “lipids” of the skin to flatten out, causing the skin to lose its contour (similar to a balloon losing air.) A lot of products use fragrances or artificial FD&C dyes that causes allergic reactions to the products.
Alcohols such as Isopropl Alcohol, SD Alcohol 40 and Ethyl Alcohol dissolves the body’s own natural moisturizers and strips the skin of it’s own protection, leaving it vulnerable to infection. They destroy the skin’s pH balance and since they absorb water, speed up wrinkling of the skin.
Waxes such as beeswax, carnauba wax, candela wax or paraffin waxes are fillers which can clog the pores creating blackheads, and whiteheads. They smother the skin which over a period of time can create enlarged pores.
Petrolatum sometimes known as “paraffin jelly” or “petroleum jelly” is not absorbed by the skin and suffocates the pores. All petrochemicals pollute our water and destroy marine life. Avoiding them is essential for the health of humans, animals, fish, water, land and air.
Did you know that some skin care products use “acetone” in their products? Tell me, WHY would you use a product on your skin that takes off fingernail polish? Acetone is used most often used in astringents, fresheners or clarifying lotions. It is extremely toxic and will dehydrate the skin, speeding up the aging process. Ever feel that burning sensation?
Borax (Sodium Borate and Boric Acid) used in baby powders, bath powders, eye creams, skin fresheners, protective creams and moth washes as a preservative. It is rapidly absorbed by the kin. Borax is still widely used despite repeated warnings from the American Medical Association.
D & C colors are usually synthetic, coal tar colors. They’re toxic and should be avoided when at all possible.
I find it very interesting to see that many products today claim to be “natural. When reading the ingredient list on labels you will find that there are more chemicals in the product than vitamins, herbs or botanicals. Most of the natural ingredients are usually at the end of the ingredient list which often means that the amount contained in the product is minimal and therefore having ineffective results.
When purchasing your skin products do your research. You don’t want to speed the aging process or prevent the aging process for as long as possible?
The assumption I had was that home made cosmetics, being all natural and preservative free were much safer than the commercial masks you found in stores. A wrong assumption. You know the saying. Never assume anything. It makes an ASS of U and ME. Did you know some of the deadliest poisons on earth are 100% natural reenex hard sell?
There are complaints about preservatives irritating the skin and all that. That may be true especially for a person with very sensitive skin. But preservatives actually make cosmetics safe to use. Preservatives kill or at very least, inhibit the bacteria, mold, viruses and nasty things that would otherwise thrive in the cosmetics we use. Commercial preparations usually contain some preservative or other to make these products safe for use. Some of the very high end cosmetic formulations are packed in sterile capsules to do away with or at least, minimimize, the need for preservatives.
If you make your own skin care for use later in the week, chances are, unless you are anal about sterilizing everything and freezing every batch once it has cooled, thawing it only when you are going to use it, and keeping your cosmetics away from the raw meat in the freezer, eventually, you could find yourself using contaminated home made cosmetics, which could lead to a skin irritation reenex facial.
I used to make my own skin care but found all the precautions I had to take such a hassle, now I buy mine off the shelves.
Even if you make your facial products for immediate use, you have to be careful about using only the freshest ingredients. A mouldy fruit or anything that is spoilt can lead to disastrous results on your skin.
Then there is the safety of the ingredients used in your skincare products.
I once told a pharmacist about the lemon remedy I was using on my pimples. She was horrified. Lemons are highly acidic. Lemon juice is pH 2. Sulphuric acid is pH 1. Lemons can cause a nasty acid burn if you are not careful dermes.
pierced ears were indicators of both beauty and social standing. Ear piercing is just as popular today, with both men and women having one or both earlobes pierced. Certain preventive and maintenance procedures need to be observed in order to avoid and treat pierced ear problems either on the lobe or on the cartilage.
A sizable percentage of individuals experience minor problems in the period following piercing. You’ve heard the saying ‘cleanliness is next to godliness.’ Here, it is suitable to say ‘cleanliness is key to avoiding pierced ear problems.’ It’s important for the person performing the piercing to operate in clean surroundings, use sterile equipment and employ a sanitary piercing technique. Ideally, piercing should be done in a clinical setting, but many jewelry stores in malls offer the service and this is acceptable only if the conditions are sanitary and the staff knowledgeable so that the risk of pierced ear problems is minimized HIFU.
Another problem arising from ear piercing is an allergic reaction to the metal from which the earring is made, especially nickel. The studs to be used should be hypoallergenic and totally nickel-free; ideally, stainless, surgical steel or 14-karat gold should be used for first piercings. However, remember that even 14-karat gold can contain nickel and may cause irritation in some people. Using surgical steel is still the safest bet to avoid pierced ear problems of this type reenex.
Redness and inflammation, two other common pierced ear problems, can be prevented or treated if proper hygiene is practiced. After the prescribed healing time, the earrings should be removed and the holes washed with soap and water daily. Additionally, the holes should be cleaned with rubbing alcohol, and an antibacterial ointment may also be applied to the holes before the earrings are reinserted in order to prevent infection. If infection does occur, a physician may prescribe antibiotics to treat the problem reenex.
Pierced ears are always fashionable, and the process is almost always safe, quick and convenient. It isn’t at all difficult to care for newly pierced ears. However, it never hurts to be extra cautious and err on the side of caution rather than experience painful and inconvenient pierced ear problems.